Friday, January 2, 2009

Seasons

Here in San Diego we don't really have that much of a change of seasons. It's usually warm and sunny, with mildly varying temperatures - anything from high 60's to mid 80's is pretty normal for the majority of the year. Oh sure, every once in a while we will have a rain shower or two, or a little frost, but that is pretty out of the ordinary for us. (When this does occur, you can be sure that the local news stations will refer to it as "Storm Watch - 2008!" or whatever...)

San Diego is generally very mild, and we like it that way.

Seattle, on the other hand, has a real change of seasons. I recieved these pictures not long ago from my oldest, dearest (he'd be mad if I didn't say that part) "boy-friend", who moved away from San Diego long ago, (basically to get over the pain of not being able to have me all for his own! Ha ha! Seriously though, we've known each other since the first day of 7th grade way back in 1976, and have been dear friends ever since...) He now lives in a gorgeous suburb of Seattle and shared these pictures of his backyard with me. I think they are simply beautiful!


Summer

Winter

7 comments:

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Doesn't that snow just look beautiful??? Especailly when we can look at it and not have to be int he aftermath of it!!!

I, too, chuckle every time the newscasters talk about Breaking News with "Storm Watch". Being from back east where snow and ice consume the majority of the months, I can SO appreciate So Cal's weather!!!

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh those are neat pictures!

Kelli said...

Wow! Beautiful!!!

And I've always said that I wish I could live in a place where the weather was an average of 70 degrees all the time. Sounds like south CA is the place!

The Musketeers said...

Great Pictures there !!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue! Thanks for the advice about feeding time. We're working on it - Zeke and I don't really want to eat separately. I've seen pictures of snow in Seattle recently because my two human brothers live there. It's pretty, but I like it here in Florida - it's home.

See ya!
Joey

Chris H said...

Cool photos! But give me the summer one any day!

Tami said...

So beautiful! Both sunny and with snow!