Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Off to the Doc.


Well, I wasn't lucky enough to escape a visit to the doctor for this miserable hamstring injury...I have an 11:30 appointment where I hope I can get some relief. I was really hoping she'd be able to call something in for me, so I could avoid a visit. No such luck. Apparently she is interested in seeing exactly how much pain I am in. Nice of her, don't you think?
Hubby dug through the medicine cabinet last night and found some pain meds left over from my foot surgery a while back. They helped dull the pain a little, but not much. I did manage to get a little sleep last night, thankfully, but the pain was no better when I woke up this morning.
The poor pups don't know what to make of all of this, and can't figure out why I won't get up and play with them, or go out back and throw the ball. They have been extremely well behave though, and I'm sure they can tell that I'm not feeling well. When I do manage to get up and hobble around, they come to me expectantly with a toy or a ball in their mouths as if to say, "Are you ready to play now Mom? Come on, we want to play!"
Not quite yet...
**Update** My doctor confirmed that I've got a seriously strained hamstring. Well, at least I know what I'm dealing with. I got a prescription for Darvocet and Flexeril. One is for pain, one is a muscle relaxer. Whoop-whoop! I'll be taking those babies as soon as I get home from picking up the kids from school.

6 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

I wonder if you threw your crutches if they would bring them back???? Ha ha!!!!!!!! HUgs Valerie

Homer said...

I hope you are feeling better today?

Love,
Homer

Chris H said...

Glad you went to the doctor and got a definite diagnosis and drugs!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Oh Crap! And here you walked over 60 miles, and nada.....getting out of a car just doesn't compare, yet has caused you so much pain!!! Maybe the drugs are good??? I hope!!

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OHHHHHHHHH!!!!
we hope you are feeling better now!!!!
Please...give us news!!!!
Lots of love and kisses!!!

Shirl said...

Can't wait to see how entertaining the blogging will be when you're on those pain meds.

Great big kisses for the boo-boo. Everyone better be waiting on you hand and foot.