Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Politics and Religion


I am not a big fan of discussing politics or religion. I know that everyone has their own (usually very strong) feelings about both, and honestly, I just don't feel that either subject is worth arguing about. People will believe what they want to believe, and vote for who or what side they believe is the best, and that is fine and good. I don't put political bumper stickers on my car, or signs in my yard, and I don't believe that people should be judged if they do. I don't believe that one church or set of beliefs is better than another, and it's certainly not for me to tell someone that what they believe is wrong, simply because it differs from what I believe.
I am, however, intensely patriotic, as I have mentioned on several occasions before. I support our troops 100%, which has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with the wars we are involved in in the Middle East. Along those same lines, I will support our new President. 100%. I hope he is able to bring about even a small portion of the change he has promised. I hope he can help our country unite, and begin to prosper again. I wish him, his administration, and this glorious country of ours only the best for the future. My hopes are truly high, and I pray we aren't disappointed.

6 comments:

Adam said...

Do you have any thoughts on what breed of dog that should be the First Puppy?

Unknown said...

Adam, is there really any other kind? A Golden of course! I guess the Goldendoodle hybrid is as close as they are going to get though...it's a shame. LOL!

Homer said...

Well said!

Love,
Homer (& Missus)

Tami said...

I tend to keep my opinions to myself. (My husband is another story! ha!). However; I was upset yesterday when I went on my facebook account and found some people making racists comments about President Obama. No matter what you believe, republican or democrat, calling names is childish! I took that person off my facebook.

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

I agree, and am excited that we finally have something/someone to hope for in President Obama!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you totally and also have high hopes - but my mom liked the picture of Brad better.

See ya!
Joey