Sunday, January 11, 2009

Playing Catch-Up, (not ketchup)

It's been a couple of days since I've really had much time to be on my computer... and actually I did have a little time yesterday morning, but our silly Internet service was down for a couple of hours. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper!

This weekend has been busy and fun. Hubby and I were able to get several little household projects done, which always makes us feel good. The time sure flew by though, and here it is Sunday night. At least I have a little something to show for the weekend. (Which is more than I can say for our very own San Diego Chargers...there's always next year folks!)

Here is the pile of toys I did "surgery" on. They all needed some good stitching up.

Jack was very happy I fixed one of his favorite "babies"

I framed and hung (with Hubby's help of course) two of my photos from my recent photography group get together. We got rid of our old wreath of dried flowers that used to hang above the fireplace, and got some nice frames. Each time I go to a photo meetup now, and get some decent shots, I am going to blow them up and put them in these frames. Kind of like having my own little mini gallery.

I found some sheers to hang in the living room. We got new rods and tie-backs and got them all put up this weekend. I finally feel like the room is almost done.


On top of all of that, Hubby put up a new fan in A.J.'s room, got the lawn mowed and backyard work done. We let the pups swim and gave them a bath this afternoon, and I made a couple of awesome meals this weekend. (I'm trying really hard to cook smarter, and have the family eat at home more often. So far so good.)

All in all, a pretty darn good weekend.

7 comments:

Tami said...

Sue, I thought I was crazy for sewing my dog's toys until I read your blog! I'm glad I'm not as crazy as I thought!! Ha!
ps. I have something for you on my blog!

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh I have a pile too that needs surgery! I look forward to you adding to your gallery! I should do that too! HUgs, Joey and Kealani

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice pictures - but how come they're not all of dogs? My mom has sewed so many pooch stuffies - even the so-called indestructible ones...

Your pal,
Joey

Pipa said...

Hi!!

What a lovely blog this is. Carla love sit! She loved your new windows and she started asking for new courtins to John, too.... BOL

:)

Well... she doesn't know how to stitch... how goofy is that?!?!? :)


pipa

Thor and Jack said...

Good job, Sue! Your house is beautiful!
Good thing the toys are repaired. =)

Love,
Thor

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Wow - what a full weekend! I think anybody that has pups needs a good surgeon now and again! I LOVE thos pictures (you are so talented), and the curtains are awesome. Did Hubby use his wacker?? :)

donna said...

We have that hedgie too. I named him "Hedgie Lamar". Darwin ate a couple of the feet off, but has left him alone otherwise. I gave all his stuffies a bath this weekend, and Darwin and Chance got baths, too.

Darwin's favorite new toy is a Christmas penguin that is flat with a checkerboard pattern on its back and 16 squeakies in it! It's cute enough he hasn't destroyed it yet...

I'm going to take his old toys and turn them into strange creatures as soon as I get around to doing some sewing...