Friday, January 16, 2009

Blah....


Good Lord, I'm bored! There is only so much TV a person can watch in 4 days straight of being home and basically stuck in bed or on the couch. I. AM. OVER. IT. I need to get out and do something more than go to the doctor or run to school to pick up the kids. The problem is that as much as my brain thinks I'm ready to get up and get going, my leg seems to disagree. Stupid leg. The pain has subsided quite a bit, but it still doesn't feel good, and certainly is no where near back to normal. And my butt is tired. Seriously, I've got butt-itis from sitting so much. It's hard to get comfortable. My brain is getting mushy too. Lack of stimulation....The Price is Right, and all of those other silly game shows just aren't cutting it. HBO has nothing good on that I haven't already watched before. I did watch a couple of episodes of Tru Blood which is supposedly a grown up version of Twilight - but after two hours, I decided it wasn't worth investing any more time in.

What I need is a good juicy book to read, or something. I've finished all of the Twilight Saga that had kept me so entertained, and now I've got nuthin. And nuthin seems to interest me. I've got tons of stuff I could be doing, but just don't have the energy. Whatever...I guess I could go back and pick up Pillars of the Earth, that I was 700 pages into before I put it down. Even that doesn't sound good right now.

The poor pups have been sooo good these last couple of days. They got a treat of being able to swim for a while today, since it's been so nice and warm again here. AJ was home from school and played out back with them threw the ball into the pool, etc. and tried to burn up some of their energy. I think it helped a little. They also got some new bones to chew on to help keep them occupied.

OK, enough of my whining...until tomorrow!

3 comments:

Thor and Jack said...

Sue,I´m glad to hear your legs are doing better! I hope you recover soon!
Jack, Jill and Kona!
Please take good care of your mom. Give her a lot of kisses and hugs!

Love,
Thor

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

OH, I CAN RELATE!!!! I do believe that Butt-Itis is a true disorder!!! We have a Wii and that I can't even play! It sounds like you might be on the mend, so that's good.

donna said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. My introduction to 40 was tearing my hamstring playing soccer -- we were playing parents vs kids one day when not enough kids had shown up for a game, and my hamstring popped as I turned to guard one kid with the ball. Hurts like hell, for sure. Lots of RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) and take your pain pills before you think you need them.... a cane may or may not be helpful, depends on how you're doing at hobbling around.