Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hamstring HELL




Don't ask me how, but somehow I have managed to pull (?) or damage my right hamstring. It happened yesterday afternoon, and was somewhat noticeable, like a regular pulled muscle. As the evening wore one, the pain increased a bit, but was still nothing that some Ibuprofen couldn't help.


This morning, the pain was exponentially worse, and it has gotten worse throughout the day. Again, don't ask me why, but I waited until just a short while ago to call my doctor. I was actually at my doctor's office yesterday morning for a regular check up and everything was peachy. The rest of the afternoon was fine, kind of uneventful, until the pain kicked in. The only thing I can think that I did to cause this was to get out of Hubby's car funky, which sits much too low to the ground for my taste. I can't think of anything else.

I'm praying now that the doctor will call something in to the pharmacy for me. This is, seriously, the worst pain I have EVER been in. Much worse than my foot surgery in 2006, much worse than my Gallbladder surgery in 2005, much worse than my 3 C-sections, and all of the dental work I've ever had done in my life! And that's saying something!

If any of you have suggestions to help ease the pain, please let me know. I'll give anything a shot right now...the 800 mg. Ibuprofens I've been taking today don't even touch the pain!

4 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

Man you need pain pills! Strong ones! Call your Dr! Hope you feel better! Hugs, Valerie

Kelli said...

Oh my word! It's only temporary relief but if you can get some over the counter Capzasin cream, Menthol patches, or Biofreeze, that would possibly drown out some of the pain. Capzasin burns like the devil though...you have to use gloves when applying that stuff. Your doc needs to prescribe a muscle relaxer asap!!!

Chris H said...

Did you pull your hamstring or break your achillies? Best to go to the Doctor mate!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're in pain. I hope your doctor can prescribe something that will help, and you'll feel better soon.

Your friend,
Joey