Monday, January 5, 2009

Alarm Clock

Over that last couple of weeks I have thankfully not had to set my alarm clock. The kids have been off of school, and everyone other than poor Hubby has been able to sleep in a little bit. At least that's what the plan was, until I realized that I didn't need to actually set an alarm clock. I have a new, live in alarm. By the name of Kona.

When little Mr. decides it time for me to get up, he comes a callin...always with a "baby" (that we we call soft toys) in his mouth, as a peace offering of sorts. He gets really close to my face, and starts nudging and snorting. If I "play dead" for a couple of minutes, he will take the hint, and go away, giving me a few minutes reprieve. The minute he sees movement though, his paws are on the bed and he head is bumping me, and nuzzling my neck. Who could turn away from a face like this?

Good Morning Mom!

4 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

cutie patootie!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Oh my god - how cute is that???? I can say that, of course, because our dogs can't reach the top of the bed.

Thor and Jack said...

What a nice way to wake up!

Love,
Thor

Curt Rogers said...

Aside from someone bringing you a platter of eggs and toast and fruit for breakfast, I can't think of a more perfect way to start the day. Duncan doesn't wake us up (he sprawls out across the middle of the bed all night, chasing bunnies in his dreams and kicking me as he does, so in essence he doesn't even let me sleep). The cats, however, love to wake me up, especially Olive, who doesn't bring toys but puts her paw right on my nose and flexes her claws only slightly, enough to get my attention.