And so it begins...a new year of hope, of challenges, of ups and downs, of wonder, of worry, of the unknown. Who knows what this new year will bring to us. I don't know about you, but I always seem to enter the new year with a bit of apprehension. Never sure what to expect, always a bit sad to leave the "old"year behind, because if nothing else, we knew what it held for us. I am not a big fan of "change" in anyway. The New Year always brings change...
Here are just a few things on my mind as I look towards the New Year:
- I enter this year with hope for a happy, healthy 2009, for my family, for my friends and for my dogs.
- With the promise to myself to take care of unfinished business.
- The wish to complete the task of my "de-cluttering" the house (that I began last year at this time, and did so well with, for such a short time)
- The plan to spend more time doing what I really enjoy. Time with my family, time with my friends, time with my dogs.
- I look forward to letting go of the "small stuff" - putting an end to stressing about things I can't control, and working on concentrating on the things I can.
- I am vowing to myself to not take things so personally. My feelings get hurt pretty easily, and I tend to dwell on the negative. I need to not do that.
- I will try my best to listen more, and offer advice less.
- I plan on cultivating new friendships, and nurturing old ones, but all without loosing sight of my own priorities, and family.
- I will take better care of myself and my family.
- I am promising myself that I will be the kind of person that I'd like to spend time with. And I'm picky, so that's going to take some real work...
*Photo courtesy of Google Images and iStockphotos.com