Friday, January 9, 2009

Off to a Rocky Start


2009 is barely more than a week old, and already it seems as though it is off to a bit of a rough start. I found out yesterday that a dear friend of mind broke her knee on New Years Day while out walking with her husband and her dog. Thank goodness she wasn't out alone! She had surgery on Sunday, where they had to put pins in to hold her knee cap in place. NOT A GREAT WAY TO START OFF THE NEW YEAR!! Feel better soon Suzie!

A couple of days ago my 17 year old niece Wendy was involved in a major car accident. The car she was driving was totaled, but thankfully there were no serious injuries. Cars can be replaced, people can't. Just ask John Travolta, who's tragic, horribly sad story we've all heard by now. My heart goes out to him and his family.

...and we've also suffered a loss in our extended family. Wednesday afternoon I got word that my cousin's husband had passed away. He was an older gentleman, and it was certainly not unexpected, but it is sad nonetheless. My heart goes out to my cousin, for the changes she will face in the future, and the loss she has suffered. It's never easy, expected or not.

Hopefully these first few days won't be an indication of the rest of the year. It can always get worse...that's for sure, but hopefully it won't. Fingers are crossed.

2 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

OMG Sue our paws are crossed for a better 2009! We love you! Hugs, Valerie Joey and Kealani

HWHL said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Isn't it strange how "bad news" frequently comes in 3's?

I am still VERY hopeful that 2009 will be better than 2008... not just individually, but for our country as well.

Here's a virtual, cross-country (early AM) toast to Brighter Skies Ahead! :)