Monday, January 19, 2009

On my last (pinched?) nerve...


Just a semi-quickie update today as I am GRUMPY and have the patience of a...oh heck, I don't have any at all!

I went back to my doctor today, to try to figure out what is going on with all of the numbness I'm feeling. The pain in my leg is about 98% gone, which you would think is good news, only now it has been completely taken over my numbness. It is the strangest sensation. Like walking around on a leg that is "asleep" and hasn't get started to get that "tingly" feeling. Not fun. I can hardly feel it at all and find myself unsure of my steps. This can't be normal, hence the visit to the doctor. She says maybe it is just that extra pressure got put on it (my nerve) when the whole hamstring thing happened, but she also said that she is surprised that the hamstring pain is all gone so fast, and that maybe the numbness is blocking the hamstring pain. Sadly, she is as perplexed as I am, and has ordered further tests for me. Something about nerve conductors. Great....don't conductors deal with trains? Heck, I feel a bit like a train wreck that's for sure...I should get the approval for the tests in the next day or two and hopefully get scheduled to get in there and see what's going on...

Anyway, enough of that for now. It does me no good to complain.

I did see a cute (silly, stupid) movie today, "Paul Blart, Mall Cop." I took AJ and Pickle to see it since they had the day off from school in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. It was as expected, a light hearted, goofball flick, where, for a change, the nutty fat guy is the hero. It was ok, and passed a couple of hours...was is worth the $11.00 per person they charge for movies now-a-days? Heck no! We did enjoy it though. I thought about doing a full fledged movie review of it, but as I mentioned I just don't have the patience for it.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Hopefully I can be a different dwarf...just not Sleepy or Sneezy, or Dopey...and I never really liked Bashfull....and then there's....

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh Lord, I'm sorry to hear about your leg. I know the condition all too well and had nerve conduction studies and a spinal tap just a few months ago. Still haven't figured it all out here but I have multiple systemic conditions so it's a little more difficult to diagnose because of that. Sure hope they figure yours out soon. It may be worth having an MRI also to see if something tore, causing nerve damage...that would be my first thought. Take care and keep us posted!

Tami said...

I don't think I'd have any patience either! You would think with all the medical technology, they could figure out something... keep me posted! I can feel you pain and frustration just by reading your post. Keep your chin up Sue!

Valerie Cummings said...

We are thinking about youuuu! Valerie Joey and Kealani