Thursday, August 28, 2008

Seven Weeks...a stolen car update

Well, isn't it interesting that it has been exactly 7 weeks today since the car was stolen, and today, FINALLY, we got some solid news about it. We have been informed, (again, FINALLY) that the car is back in San Diego, and is sitting in a holding lot until later this afternoon, when it will be towed to the Honda dealership. We have an appointment at 9am tomorrow morning, with an insurance adjuster, to see the car. I can't wait...this is going to be interesting, to say the least. They've told us that the only thing wrong with the car is that the battery was removed, and the radio yanked out....we'll see about that. What about the door locks? Were they busted? What about the ignition? They obviously didn't have a key, so isn't that screwed up? Yeah, just the battery and the radio, right? I'm not holding my breath. You can be sure that I'll take my camera with me tomorrow...and I'll let you know how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed....

2 comments:

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

FINALLY!!! But then again, maybe you don't really want it back. How can the ignition not be screwed up?? Maybe I'm just not a good car theif to know the secrets of the trade, though.

Good luck, and please keep us posted!!! All parts are crossed!

Chris and Mackenzie said...

I cannot believe it's taken them so long! Unbelievable!