Monday, August 4, 2008

Another car update - getting it back?

After leaving a somewhat harsh message to our insurance agent last Friday regarding our stolen car, shockingly, I received a call from her today, with some new, and updated information. The message was along the lines of..."My car was stolen 22 days ago, and your company has known where it's been for 17 of those days, WHY hasn't SOMEONE been down to that impound lot to see what condition it's in?? I could have WALKED down to Rosarito Beach and back by now to check on it myself! I've been a customer of yours for over 14 years and I want some answers!" Blah, blah, blah, yackedy, smackedy....

Apparently I must have gotten someones attention, because, as I said, I got a call today...and we are getting the car BACK! What? What's that you say? Getting the car back? After 25 days of being gone? Do we want the car back at this point, ummm, I'm not too sure. We were told that when they finally went to go see the car, it was in very good shape, and only missing the radio (a nice little Sony we'd put in a couple of years ago) and the battery. Shocking....shocking I tell you! It's one of those, "I'll believe it when I see it" things.

The next step is to wait for the mountain of paperwork to get done (she said it should be done by the end of next week at the latest...I'm not holding my breath...) for them to be able to transport the car back to this side of the border, where another insurance agent will evaluate it, and if we get the thumbs up, then they will transport it to the location of our choosing, for the necessary repairs, cleaning, etc. I'm thinking a steam cleaning, a deep, thorough steam cleaning, and scrub job...at the VERY least.

We'll see how all that goes...but at least there is hope on the horizon, and the promise of me getting rid of the P.O.S. rental soon. Keep your fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

Man I hope the car is in good shape! I cant believe it and my fingers are crossed Joey says his paws are crossed!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Yea, steam cleaned and SANITIZED!!!!! Looks like it might be good news though! What on earth do they want a battery for? Radio, I can see, but of all of the worthy parts of a car, why the battery? Go figure! Anyhow, we're wishing positive thoughts for you!

Bogart said...

Maybe you can get an even better radio and a sweet battery!

Just say'n.