Thursday, July 10, 2008

Going, going, GONE!

Please tell me why, if you would, would someone want to steal a 9 year old Honda Civic? This is the question that has been puzzling me for the last 2 hours...since we realized that someone STOLE my daughter's car sometime between last night and this morning at 8:30am-ish. Un-fricken-believable! Honestly, I think I'm kinda in shock...I mean it was parked right across the street...and now it's just...GONE.

The police have been called, and Lo Jack has been activated...but who knows what will come of any of it. ITS. JUST. UNBELIEVABLE. And it sucks.

By the way, did I mention that it's Hubby's birthday today? Yeah, happy birthday to him, huh?

6 comments:

Anniessa said...

I just spent 10 hours on a ride along ... the thing I learned is, "Don't ask why."

People are just bizarre!

Chris H said...

Hope ya find the car, and the buggers who stole it! Probably 'joy riders' .... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR SUE!

Curt Rogers said...

That's just plain wrong!

It's hard to have faith in people when they constantly do such crappy things. But don't give up. There's an untapped amount of goodness in the world.

We'll be thinking of you!

Valerie Cummings said...

I am so sorry that happened! That super sucks

Merrill said...

Older the easier to steal?

Chris and Mackenzie said...

Wow, check out this article from 7.8.08:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=128806

The 1995 Honda Civic is the most stolen vehicle in the US! The reason?

"Older Honda and Toyota models are a favorite target of car thieves because they stayed the same for several years, making their parts more desirable."

Anyway, sorry it happened. Hope you guys manage to have a happy birthday! :)