Friday, August 22, 2008

Rollin in the Gold...

Today I had 6 - yup, count em, 6 Goldens at the house. It was heavenly! Of course I had my regular cast of characters, Jack, Jill and Kona, and Valerie brought over her boy Joey, and sweet little Kealani. In addition, we had Harley (the service dog that I sometimes take care of) and her owner. Harley and Jill are half sisters, and it's sometimes difficult to tell them apart.

It was a fun filled, beautiful, sunny warm day here, and it really did make me feel like we live in a little slice of paradise.

Baby Kealani sunning herself after a swim.
Kona, Joey and Harley giving each other a nuzzle.
Joey teasing Harley with a toy.
Harley and Joey in the pool, while Kona rests his rear end on the step. The "Big 5" dogs ready to play.
In addition to a wonderful service dog, Harley is a great retriever!
Merrill, with his girl, Harley.
Jill and Harley Kona, getting tired after nearly 5 hours in the pool, needs to rest his weary head on something...
Jill and Merrill...Jill thinks she is everyone's therapy dog!
Kona is done. Seriously, stick a fork in him...done.

4 comments:

Chris H said...

YOu are so lucky! And I envy the dogs the pool. Kona looks so sad in his face.... our Izzy (who is now with my friend) always looks like she is either frowning or smiling... so cute.

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh I lovce those pictures! I really am glad you got some of Merrill and Harley! What a great pack we have!

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Sue!
You definitely had a Golden Day! Wonderful!

woof
Thor

Monika said...

Please don't ever invite me to your house as I will honestly steal Kona into a big overside handbag I'll discretly bring over ;)
She is so adorable near that statue!!