Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Star Student

At the risk of sounding like I'm gloating...I'm gonna gloat for a minute. Today was Kona's second "basic obedience" class. He. Rocked. He is such a good boy in class, it's unbelievable! Not to say that he isn't a good boy usually, but it just seems that he is extra good in class.

There are only 3 other dogs in the class, one pit bull named "Baby" (um, OK, not the name I would pick for a pit bull, but then again I would never have a pit bull...) and two black German Shepard sisters named "Sam" and "Marley." Baby seems nice enough, as far as pit bulls go, and the sisters are fine with each other, but are very skittish around Kona and Baby. I suppose that is part of the reason they are in class.

Kona has been a real show-off in class so far. Sitting perfectly every time, "leaving it" and "taking it" when he is supposed to...even doing great on loose leash walking. I am like a proud momma when the instructors need to "borrow" him to show the class how things are "supposed to be done..." He's my little star! Good Boy! Now, if we can only keep it up at home!

4 comments:

April said...

Looking at your blog gives me puppy fever. Sigh.

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh good boy Kona!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

YEAH Kona!!! We took Digby and Prinnie there, and it was awesome. The one thing we learned was that we have to follow the training every day, or puppy alzheimers sets in! At least that's what our kids claim!!!

Curt Rogers said...

How funny. I just rediscovered Duncan's final report card from his obedience classes. He scored an A+ on all subjects. I miss those weekend trips down to PetSmart to work with Linda, his trainer. Those are nine weeks I won't forget because that's where we did all our bonding and learned to read each other.

Good for Kona!