Sunday, August 10, 2008

Today was a diamond...

...It was a wonderful, gorgeous, gem of a day, it truly was. I started off the day full of energy, and ready for my 8 mile training walk. Bear and I went drove the Smart car down to Harbor Island, got out, did our stretching and started our walk. When we got back to the car we'd logged 8.31 miles in 3 hours. It was a little slower than our regular 20 minute mile pace, but the walk was just too pretty to rush through. The water was beautiful, the breeze was delightful, and it was the perfect morning.

Our walk was followed by a wonderful lounge session in the pool to cool off and relax. There aren't many better things in life than falling asleep in your own pool and floating lazily around for a couple of hours, throwing the ball for the pups, and watching them enjoy the water too. It was, again, perfect.

As the afternoon wore one, it was obvious that it was too nice not to be out enjoying this beautiful city of ours. It was a rare Sunday that Bear was off of work for the day, so our entire family climbed in the car, and we were off to play "tourist." We went to the Point Loma Lighthouse, Cabrillo Monument, and the harbor, to name a few places. We stopped to get ice cream along the way, and after all of our site seeing and picture taking, we cruised by our favorite local Mexican food place, ate like royalty, and came home to happy, tired pups.

As I look at my pedometer now, I see I've walked 10.25 miles in total today, which equates to 24071 steps...I wonder if that will make up for the ice cream and the Mexican food...not that it really matters...tomorrow is another day, another training walk, and hopefully another diamond.



4 comments:

Halloweenqueen said...

Hello there! I stumbled upon your blog while doing a search for pirate halloween ideas. WOW, what a fantastic display! Did you do all the painting yourself? Do you have more pictures or a website how-to?
I'm doing a pirate birthday party/halloween display in October. Would love any advice.

Terrific blog, btw. I love your writing style, and the photos are gorgeous! Cute pups!

Lisa
Washington State

Unknown said...

Lisa, email me with a way to get ahold of you. I've got tons of ideas for you.

Valerie Cummings said...

Wow picture perfect photos! It looks unreal! Great job sista! Oh I see you found a halloween queen! Now we will never see you!

Chris H said...

You live in an absolutely GORGEOUS place... paradise indeed.... and a pool ... oh bliss... I can only dream of one right now.