Friday, August 1, 2008

Frustration...

UPDATE ~ for my other blogger friends that might not be able to sign on to their blogs, SITE METER is down, and is causing the BLOG sites that have it to not be able to open...read the message below, and the comment from K&S that explains it.

This post is in red, because, well, I'm seeing red!

I don't know about the rest of you, but Blogger has been very, very fussy with me all day. I haven't been able to sign on for hours, and kept getting an error message that said Internet Explorer couldn't find the page, or something like that, and that it was being "aborted". Like a bad mission. "Houston, we have a problem"....

Anyway, thanks to the help of wonderful blogger friends (and real life friends, K&S of Dugan's Barkery) I was able to get back on....for some reason all of a sudden something was disagreeing with the "site meter"...so I had to delete that, and viola! Here I am. I'll miss that little site meter though, I think I was addicted to it...so long, farewell site meter, until we meet again. (If anyone has any hints as to how to get it back on, without causing a complete AOL/Blogger fit, please let me know. ~ See, told you I am addicted....I just need my little site meter fix....)

7 comments:

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

NO KIDDING!!! We had to remove ours too, and it's killing me! I was mad as a hornet until I figured out that Site Meter crashed as they were beginning to update a few things. Rumor has it that there won't be a fix this weekend, but I sure hope we can all get it back soon!!! Thanks for being there!!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much to you both! I was really getting peeved about what was going on. I feel so much better now. Oh, that's kinda scary, isn't it? I think I was needing my "Blogger" fix, big time. OK, now my hands have stopped shaking, and I might be able to sleep tonight. Thanks again for your help with this!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

I am so glad we are back up. I missed your site as much as ours! And you are MORE than welcome!! I keep checking the blogger help site and so far they are still saying that the crash with Site Meter will probably last the weekend. I also keep checking their site www.sitemeter.com. As of a few minutes ago, they were still down and out - can't even get past the same IE abort message we got on our blogs. They're all probably at happy hour!!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

UPDATE, UPDATE!!!!! Site Meter is up and running. So far so good, and it doesn't look like we lost anything other than the hits from the time it went down until the reinstall. YEAH!!!!

Chris H said...

What site meter were you using? Mine is fine! Blogger can be an arse sometimes for sure.

Unknown said...

You are right Chris, it was a total pain. The widget we were using was just called "sitemeter"...very similar to the "stats" site you have. It's back up and running now, but now I'm worried about putting it back on. Oh well, I suppose I can live without it. Have you ever had any problems with your "Stats" widget?

Curt Rogers said...

I use Google Analytics, which tracks the traffic on your blog VERY well. And I, too, am addicted. You might want to check it out.