Sunday, August 3, 2008

Barking Dogs...

No, not my own. I know better. I know better than to open my door, and kick my dogs outside in the middle of the night, and let them bark. And bark. AND. BARK. It's 4:39am now, and I've been up since 4:04 am. Before that it was 2:30 am, and before that it was 1:07 am, and this is all since I went to bed at about 11:30am. I. AM. TIRED. AND. CRANKY.

I just found out that the police can't really help me with this. How do I know? I know because I just got off the phone with a lovely woman at the police department that told me I need to call the Neighborhood Code Compliance Department. Between the hours of 8am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. That doesn't do me a whole lot of good at 4:44am on Sunday now does it?

And so, they continue to bark. AND. BARK. In a yard, just kitty corner, behind my yard, the yippy things bark, nervous little barks, begging to be let back inside their home, probably living in fear of being eaten by the coyotes that sometimes roam the neighborhood from the nearby canyon. You all know me pretty well from this blog, don't you? I LOVE dogs, truly and absolutely LOVE dogs - I just can't stand ignorant "owners".

I saw a great license plate frame the other day. It said," It's too bad that ignorance isn't painful." Ain't that the truth!

3 comments:

Curt Rogers said...

Okay, I NEED that bumper sticker! NEED, I tell you!

I don't understand why you can't file a noise complaint. I'm very confused.

You could always send a letter to the owners politely telling them their dogs are barking all night and mention the threat of coyotes. Send it anonymously and see if that helps.

I'm sorry you had such a long night!

Unknown said...

The letter has been sent....

Anniessa said...

Our Quote of the Day: Stupid should hurt.

And if you DO want to get the immediate attention of the police, mention a weapon and an imminent discharge thereon. As in "My husband has a gun and is threatening to take care of the problem himself." Or a neighbor if you want to be more vague ...

And call Code Compliance - they really do tidy these up, though it sucks to wait til "bankers hours."