Friday, August 15, 2008

Full Moon and a Flared Temper

Yesterday, despite great intentions of having a relaxing, fun, "girl day" by the pool with an old, dear friend who had the day off from work, was not the day I'd hoped it would be.

That's not to say that we didn't have a very nice time, for the most part, lounging on our rafts, drinking chocolate martinis, and eating panini sandwiches that our personal "pool boy" in this case, A.J., made and delivered to us...it's just that "heavier" things weighed on both of our minds, filled our conversations, and kicked the "fun" factor down quite a few notches. Oh sure, I had plenty of time to let my fat sizzle like bacon while on the raft...(I've always said that "fat looks better tan" - and let me tell ya, I outta know...) and I was able to get some great color on my usually lily white legs...sun burnt ankles count as color, right?

I won't bore you with the details of what is burdening us, lets suffice to say that as we all know, the economy sucks right now, the job market is super tough, things don't always go the way we want them to, and you can't always trust the people you thought you could. You can let your imagination run wild with that mouth full...

On top of the all of that, we had another update on the stolen car. I think "update" might be too strong of a word...we basically got a call saying that there is no new update...WHAT?!? GIVE ME A BREAK! You may recall that I spoke with our insurance agent back on Aug. 4th and was told that we'd have the car back, at least in this country, by "the end of next week, tops!" So yesterday, in anticipation of today being "the end of next week" Hubby called and left a message asking when we'd be able to actually see the car...that's not asking too much, is it? Apparently it was. We got a call back and were told to be patient. ARE THEY KIDDING ME!?! The car has been gone since July 10th, They've known where the car has been since July 14th (an impound lot down in Rosarito Beach, Mexico) and they tell us to have patience? I lost my cool. Not that I have that much "cool" to loose, but whatever little part of me that had it, lost it. When the call came in, I was in the kitchen, working on dinner...Hubby answered the phone (they are SOOOO lucky he answered and not me....he has much more "cool" than I have!) He asked the status on the car, "It's back in town now, right? What? It's not? What's the delay?....." is how his side of the conversation went. Opps, there went my cool, down the drain...

Me: "WHAT? THEY STILL DON'T HAVE IT? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!"

Hubby: (While still on the phone) "She says they don't have it yet, and hopefully they will get it here next week"

Me: "THAT'S WHAT SHE TOLD ME LAST WEEK! SHE'S A @#$%^&* LIAR!"

Hubby: (Now with his hand up in the air telling me to be quiet) Speaking to the agent, "You don't need to yell at me, this is just getting ridiculous...is there anyone else I can talk to?"

Apparently the agent on the other end of the line has "eagle ears" and heard what I said about her...I felt a little bad about it, but only because I made the situation harder for Hubby to deal with. I do feel like she has been lying to us, over and over again, about when and if we will get the car back. I guess my frustration just boiled over. Needless to say, we continue to play the waiting game with the car, with no end in sight. The P.O.S. rental is going back to the rental place today...I'm just over it. I don't want it around anymore...and we'll be fine without it. We'll wait to hear if we get a return message from our agent's supervisor, who's voicemail Hubby left a message with yesterday. I'm not holding my breath though...it seems as though Customer Service is not one of the Gecko's priorities...

My Mom has always been a believer that full moons mess with people. I've never really bought into that. She says she can't sleep when there is a full moon, and that people just get a little nuts when a full moon is out....you know, maybe like the old movies about Werewolves...anyway, other than giving her a hard time about it, I've never really given it much thought...that is, until I stepped out last night, and saw this in the sky. Maybe I can blame my foul mouth, and flared temper on the moon. Yeah, right...try telling that to the insurance agent.


1 comment:

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Oh Sue, I'm sorry you're having one of those days! Just know that we love ya!!!