Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Through an amateur eyes - a review of "Wanted"


I know this is a little late coming down the pipeline...but hoped it might be worth sharing anyway. I finally etched out a little time to go to see "Wanted" this weekend with Hubby and some friends. We caught it on what was probably the last weekend that it was actually in a theater, and boy, am I glad that we did...I LOVED it! Maybe it was a mood that I was in, maybe it was that I hadn't heard a lot about it - so didn't expect a lot, or maybe it was just a fun, cut-loose, kick butt - shoot um up movie, but I really, really enjoyed it. Oh, sure, there was some gratuitous sex, and lots of cussing, (they certainly didn't rate this one "R" for the fun of it) but it all worked for me...Angelina Jolie looked awesome (although she was a bit too skinny - I should have such a problem!) and her character "Fox" fit her well. Lots of broody faces, exotic eyes, and a killer (literally) bod. Morgan Freeman was superb, as always. He is one of my favorites - always has been, and although this character was a bit different that the type he usually plays, he was perfect for it. James McAvoy is rapidly becoming a new favorite of mine. He was fabulous as the lead character, Wesley Gibson, a frustrated office worker who learns that he is the son of a professional assassin. I thought the story was good, the narrative was clever, and the action rocked. If you didn't get a chance to see this one on the big screen, be sure to check it out when it makes it to DVD. I think you'll be glad you did. I'd give this one a solid "A."



1 comment:

Chris H said...

I want to see it now! I love Angelina... she is gorgeous.