Saturday, August 16, 2008

Chunky Legs in Motion - Part Cinque (that's "5" for you non Italian speaking folk)

DOUBLE DIGITS BABY! Today was our first official double digit training walk!

Bear had to work today, so my other team mate, and lifelong friend (we've known each other since I was in the 3rd grade, and she still likes me...go figure...) Shirley, and I got out there and knocked it out. We got a bit of a late start, at 9 am, and finished up our 10 mile walk, (after a couple of short stops for the bathroom, water break, a protein bar, and a swoop into a store for a new hat) at 12:45pm. We walked down at the harbor again, same route as Bear and I took last week for our 8 mile walk, but just added a bit on the end...we walked all of the way around the convention center, and Petco Park. For some reason I didn't think about taking pictures, which was probably a good thing considering how hot and sweaty we were. Yup, the more I think about it, you should all be thankful that I left my camera in my pack...

I will share this with you though...it's our finalized design for our team T-shirts...BIG thanks to my friend Sherry for doing the design for us!




I don't know why the color on this is so bad...Blogger is being a bugger again! The blue color on the chest is actually a light tan, flesh tone...I don't know why it's coming out on the blog so distorted...but I'm sure you get the idea. I'll take a picture of the actual shirts when I get them...

2 comments:

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Awesome!!! You go, girls!! The design is really great, and how can you beat the logo!! Seriously, you really are an inspiration!

Valerie Cummings said...

That is fantastic! Im so prooud of you! You go girl!