Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chunky legs in motion, part deux

It's been a while since I've updated on my training for the 30 Day, 60 Mile Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Walk, so I thought I'd take a couple of minutes to do that. Let me start by saying that it's hot here. I mean really hot by Sandy Ego standards. Three digits baby, by 11am. I'm kinda over it, if you know what I mean, and today is only the first official day of summer. Geesh!

My oldest daughter, for the purpose of this blog I'll call her "Bear", and I got a nice early start this morning, up at 5:45am, out of the house at 6:00am, and at the lake by 6:15am. It had already warmed up to 72 degrees when we started our 4 mile walk at 6:20am. Thankfully this time we both remembered to stretch. My shins didn't scream at me today, and I was a happy walker. We finished our walk in an hour and a half - not bad for the first time walking 4 miles without a stop. As most of you know, I've done the 3 Day walk before, but Bear hasn't. All of this training and stretching stuff is new to her...it's one heck of an adventure, that's for sure. By the time we got back to the car, just before 8:00am, it had hit 80 degrees. Yup, it's roasty-toasty here. Nice....welcome to summer!



These are pretty scenes from the lake at 6:30am this morning.
I like seeing things like this....


I don't like seeing things like this!

2 comments:

April said...

Chunky legs in motion! I LOVE that! We need to put that on some T-shirts.

And I am TERRIFIED of snakes. I won't walk in places they frequent because of it. I live in the outskirts and many neighbors have found snakes in their yards, pools, and even garages! I will have a heart attack and die if one shows up at my door.

Valerie Cummings said...

Those are great photos and Im so proud of you! Yes at 845 am it was 90 degrees here! Yikes!