Sunday, June 8, 2008

Four on the floor

Just a quick note to check in, say hello, and let you know I returned safely from my Texas adventure. I have pictures to share, but don't have the time just yet to get them posted.

This afternoon I got a call from a dear friend of mine who has a service dog. I met this friend through the Golden Retriever group I organize, and have taken care of his service dog on and off over the last couple of years whenever he has to go into the hospital, or has had other things come up when he's needed a little assistance. I've had her for as long as 6 months at a time, and for as short as just a few days. I love this girl like she is one of my own, and in fact, I found out that she, Harley, and my girl, Jill, came from the same breeder, and share a parent. They are half sisters, and I think, somehow, they know it.

Jill, Harley, Kona and Jack

Today is the first time that I've taken care of Harley since early January, and the first time that she will be staying with us since we've gotten our new pup, Kona. I was a little concerned at how everyone would get along, just because of the dynamic of having 4 in the house. My concern lasted for about 2.3 seconds. That's how long it took for them to all start playing...just another one of the many, many reasons I love these dogs so much.

3 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

It amazes me that you can get them to "pose". Harley is beautiful! Cant wait to meet her!

Chris H said...

They are all adorable!!! Kona is such a light colour! I love Goldy's so much, but where we are moving to eventually the yards are so small! No room for a goldy. Hence we just got a 'toy' dog... it feels weird having such a small dog after our Izzy (goldy).

Chris and Mackenzie said...

You have such a beautiful pack! Absolutely gorgeous...

Wags - Chris