Thursday, June 26, 2008

Harley heads home

It was time for Harley, the service dog I take care of, to head home today. Days like these, when I take her back to her owner are both sad and happy for me. She was with us this time for nearly 3 weeks. I've had her for up to 6 months at a time in the past. She is a wonderful dog, and melds perfectly in with our family, but she's not ours, and I have to keep reminding myself of that fact. She is a service dog, and wonderful companion to a man who loves her. We love her too though, and enjoy every minute that she spends with us...how could you not love a face like this?

3 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

Me and Joey love her too! Sorry to see her go but Im happy for her owner too!

Valerie Cummings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curt Rogers said...

I love her! What a great smile and spirit. Her companion is lucky indeed to have her return to his life. Today he must be the happiest man in the world!