Friday, June 27, 2008

TGIF-ish


TGIF to all of you out there in the working world. I am one of the few, the lucky, the non-employed force of America. I am a stay home Mom, which is not saying that I don't work, but more like saying I work 24/7 and don't get a paycheck. I am not complaining though, not one little bit. I LOVE what I do, love being home, love taking care of the house, the kids (who pretty much take care of themselves, other than needing Taxi rides everywhere) the dogs, the yard, etc. Love it! I do feel bad though sometimes, when a "working" friend will email me with "TGIF!" I remember the elated feeling I used to have when I did have a paying job, and Friday would roll around at last. There were few feelings better than Friday at quiting time. I never really had it too rough though...my last position was in the corporate office of a candy company, and a large part of my job was sampling goodies that we were thinking about adding to our inventory....oh yeah, that was tough, "Do I like the Milk Chocolate Malted Milk Balls best, or the Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Malted Milk Balls? I dunno, I better try them both again..." Yes, it was a tough job, but someone had to do it.

TGIF has a little different meaning to me now...still as enjoyable, but just different. It means that my days will be busier, in and out of the house all weekend, doing family activities, making more planned out meals...keeping up on everyone to keep the house in decent order....fun stuff like that. Sometimes I feel a little more like a drill seargant than a Mom....but I guess that's all part of the job.
I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Greg said...

Our work is very weekend-centric, so my typical Friday is more like someone else's Monday or Tuesday...ah, well... I get to have days off when everyone else is working...like today! Minigolf and Dairy Queen!!