Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I know I'm running a day late on this, but wanted to wish everyone a very happy, if not belated, Father's Day. This goes out to all of the Dads out there, whether your babies have two feet or four feet. I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing day. We spent our Father's Day doing what's been our tradition for quite a few years now, and that's going to the San Diego County Fair. My hubby usually finds something fun that he can't live without, and we all have a blast hanging out for the day together, eating all sorts of fun fair food.


I'm one of the lucky ones out there my age that still has my father with me. I know that I am very, very fortunate. My father has had a multitude of health problems in the last couple of decades, everything from a quintuple bi-pass to diabetes, thyroid problems, blood pressure problems, and a tumor on the base of his brain, just to name a few. But let me tell you, my Pops is a trouper. Rarely a complaint, always, ALWAYS a sense of humor, and the kindest heart a person could ever hope for. I am one very lucky girl indeed. Happy Father's Day Pops, I love you!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

You are indeed lucky to still have your Dad around... mine drowned in 2000...I hope your Dad is around for a lot longer.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Chris! What a terrible way to loose someone you love! My heart goes out to you!