Monday, June 2, 2008

Making the best of it.

While I was largely incapacitated this weekend because of the "injuries" incurred in the "incident" on Friday, I did manage to have a pretty fun weekend. (Being waited on hand and foot by family and friends IS all that it's cracked up to be, and then some!) I didn't have to cook ,didn't have to clean, didn't do any laundry...life was sweet...except when it came time to use the "little girls' room" -try unzipping with a brace on one hand and a thumb splint on the other! NOT so fun...thank goodness for elastic!

On Saturday we had a friend over with her 14 week old Boxer - Bonnie Blu. Bonnie and my little guy, Kona, are great buddies, and wrestle and romp and tumble together. They are fun to watch, and wear each other out wonderfully.

Jill wonders if Bonnie is going to get into the pool, or just stand there...

Bonnie is happy that Kona is out and ready to play.

Time for a rest.


On Sunday we had another friend over, who owns Joey, Kona's brother. These two together are like 2 peas in a pod. They have a blast in the pool and swim until they are exhausted. The last few times Joey has been over, he's gotten more brave about jumping in the pool from the side. This time when he was over we decided for sure, he's a natural jumper. A real "Dock Dog." He couldn't get enough of the jumping. Now, if he could only teach my pups how to do that! No matter where I throw the ball, my pups will find the nearest stairs and leisurely make there way in....ain't no jumpin with these 3! Check out Jumpin Joey!




4 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh! Jumpin Joey! I love that!!!! That was such a great day! We love hanging out with our "pack". Looks like that other pup is too afraid of the water!

The Maid said...

We wanna go swimming with the boys.
:)

Love the pretty dogs. ;)

I read your list of movie favorites and knew that I would like you!

The Maid

Chris H said...

Oh man would ya look at that pool! I love love love swimming in summer... and want a pool in our new home in Auckland (when we eventually get there!)... the dogs look like they are having fun! My new dog would no doubt drown in that pool! Hell, I think he would drown in his water bowl at the moment...LOL~!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Your dogs have a great life! And isn't that little boxer pup cute?!?!?

Hey, I am trying to get the word out about something and having a little contest on my blog. Come check it out!