Monday, June 23, 2008

Fiesta Island Fun

This past weekend our Golden Retriever Meetup group had a get together at Fiesta Island, near Mission Bay, right across from Sea World. I'm not exactly sure how Fiesta Island ever got it's name, being that "fiesta" is suppose to mean party (of some type, I think...How am I supposed to know, I took German in High School...and I know for sure "Fiesta" is not a German word...) I'm thinking that "Sandy, barren Island, might be a more appropriate name, but I guess that's beside the point.

We had about 60 Golden Retrievers in attendance with their people, and everyone seemed to have a blast. This gathering was in preparation for a surf competition a bunch of us are competing in next weekend. Get this, the dogs, not the people, will be surfing. Our team is called the Golden SurFURS...pretty catchy, don't you think?

Here are a couple of pictures from our get together.







3 comments:

Chris and Mackenzie said...

So many Goldens! Looked like a fun meetup.

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh that little outfit is so cute! So is the pup!

Chris H said...

Oh just look at all those Goldy's!!! I miss my girl so much.