Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Happiest (?) Place on Earth!


Yes, that's right, I was in Disneyland yesterday....all day...with 15 - 13 & 14 year olds. The "Happiest Place on Earth?" I think not.

We left our house at 6:30am...and rolled back into the driveway at 10:00pm. Pooped. Tuckered out. Done...Fini. I never have to go on a field trip like that again. I'm turning in my "Mom Volunteer for Everything" card. I was supposed to go to Jury Duty yesterday, but I postponed that little civic duty to join in on the fun of the Disneyland trip. Because, of course, they didn't have enough volunteer drivers, and I do have that big beast of a car that can hold 8....(no, not the Smart, the Expedition....although, I know if I tried hard enough, I could get 8 kids into the Smart car....the world record is 13 - I saw the whole thing on You Tube, so it's gotta be true, right?)


Suffice it to say that it was a L O N G day. I won't bore you with the details. 13 & 14 year olds....15 of them...'nuff said.

Good 'ol Walt and Mickey
13 & 14 year olds eat LOTS of these! I was wishing, at this point, that Tinkerbelle could use a little of her pixie dust and magically transport me home.
I still love Mickey.

2 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh Lord have Mercy

April said...

I LOVE Disneyland. My favorite place in the whole world. So next time you need a volunteer chaperone, call me. We live in AZ but we have annual passes. Love the crowds, love the lines, love the ice cream and the smells and the sounds. LOVE IT!!