Monday, June 30, 2008

"60 Miles for Our Melons" - Chunky legs in motion - part tre




You know what "melons" I'm talking about. "60 Miles for Our Melons" is the name of my team for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3 Day, 60 Mile walk. It's coming up pretty soon...in 4 months and 20 days to be exact. Not that I'm counting or anything. I am excited and nervous, and worried...but mostly excited. I had a blast doing the walk in 2006, but it was a lot of work. I'm walking with teammates this time though, instead of doing the "I can do it all my myself and be miserable walking alone, with no one I know to talk to, mile after mile, day after day..."Wow! That sounded real good and pathetic, didn't it? Actually I had plenty of company last time, and an AWESOME support crew (you know who you are) that was waiting for me at every pit stop-to bandage my poor feet and give me lots of encouragement.
Our team passed a little milestone this weekend, going for our first team training walk of 5 miles. We started out nice and early Sunday morning, getting to the lake at 6:40am. After a good stretch, we were on our way. It took us exactly 1 hour and 40 minutes. That's a 20 minute mile at a nice, comfortable pace. Not bad for these chunky little legs.


3 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

I will be there to cheer you on!

Unknown said...

I know you will Sista!

Anonymous said...

That's some great progress!