Monday, February 23, 2009

Snow Bunny


One of my dearest friends is on a ski vacation in Idaho with her husband and some other friends this week. I got the following note from her earlier today. It cracked me up, and I thought it would be fun to share it with you.


The note was titled : Day One

Light snow last night. Conditions should be good. I check the ski trail map one last time. Yep, there is a beginner run from the top of the mountain.

I head up on the lift. I. Not we. My beloved is in rough shape this morning. Tequila and poker with the boys last night.

I notice as the lift goes up for what seems like miles that it's pretty foggy at the top. Not 20 yards down the hill, I wipe out.

Then the fun begins. Broke backpack strap. Tied it. Got up. 10 minutes to get my damn right ski back on. 20 or so more yards. Fall-Get up. Ski goes on much quicker this time. Good thing because that means I can fall again in no time.

And again.

And again. Green run my ass!

Everyone stops to see if I'm okay. Folks are so nice. After 6th time on my butt a ski instructor and his young student stopped to ask if I was ok. I told them I was ok but a little over my head.

He offers to call ski patrol. I finally give in.

They both wait with me and Patrick the Instructor says that the run I'm on is a little steeper than the typical beginner run. No kiddin'.

Ski patrol guys show up. With a sled. Yippee. At least they offered to let me sit up instead of lying down like I was dead.
LONG ride down, constant spray off his skis. Did you know you can get car sick ON A SLED? Had time to think on the way down about where I could find a phone book to look up gun shops or divorce lawyers. Tough decision...At lodge drying out. Resting. Drinking. Maybe I'll hang with the little kids later. But I probably couldn't keep up.

I can't wait to hear how Day Two goes!!

3 comments:

Chris and Mackenzie said...

LOL! I've never been skiing but imagine my story would be very similar!

Hope day two gets better.

April said...

OMG I am cracking up. She is hilarious.

Chris H said...

Hee Hee! That would be me too, falling all the time. Last time I went ski'ing I fell and put the ski in my head, blood everywhere... huge gash, stitches... you name it! Couldn't wash my hair for two weeks, it was gross! Never doing that again!