Saturday, February 7, 2009

Poked, Prodded, Cut,Waxed and Bored...

Yesterday...well, yesterday was a day alright. At 9am I went in for my long awaited tests on my leg. Stupid leg is still numb - what a shocker. It's been 3 weeks now. 3 WEEKS! Sheesh! So I went in for a nerve conductor test, and an EMG test.

The nerve conductor test consisted of a doctor hooking up some type of electrodes to my foot and behind my knee. Then the thingy-ma-jobbie was turned on, and my foot twitched like crazy. It was involuntary, and felt similar to the feeling when a doctor hits you on the knee with the little hammer thing to check your reflexes. Times about 100. The electrodes were moved around to different places, I got zapped again, and the doc made a bunch of notes. Fun. If nothing else, the doctor was very pleasant, and we had some nice conversation while he was zapping me. Talked about music, kids, and dogs. At least the time with him went by quickly.

The second test was done by a different doctor. A very serious older gentleman that had the bedside manner of a brick. He said nothing to me other than the bare basics. "Turn onto you side now." "Back to your back now" "Down with your foot" blah, blah, blah. Yeah, he was a real gem. He didn't even warm me when he started sticking needles into my ankle and leg! Geeze! Thankfully, the were very thin needles, similar to what is used in acupuncture. But still! He could have warned me. (Thank Goodness the first doctor told me what the second one was going to be doing!) Anyway, he proceeded to stick these little needles in my leg, and then send electricity through them and monitor what the response from my stupid numb leg was. Only a couple of the needle sticks actually bothered me (felt like a tiny bee sting) because the rest were put into the numb part. He had needles going from my lower back (yeah, I felt those alright!) down to my ankle. Lots of zaps, and jolts. Needless to say, I was GLAD when that was done!

Of course I won't know any results until my regular doctor gets the test results. Hopefully SOON!

Anyway, after that, I decided to go visit Bear, at the salon where she works, to get a haircut. Is it a bad thing that I asked her to shave my head? Of course she didn't, but I'm telling you, sometimes I don't think it would bother me. I've never been a "hairdo" kind of girl. I don't like to do much with my hair, and like to keep it as short as I possibly can, without Hubby getting cranky. Bear did a great job, cut it nice and short, and, yes, Hubby was a little cranky when he saw it. Oh well....my standard answer..."It'll grow!"

From there, Bear walked me over to the place where she gets her eyebrows waxed. It'd been quite some time since I'd had mine done, and they were starting to look a bit like Andy Rooney's. Not great for a girl.

I had a nice little young lady lather them up with hot wax, and zip! there they went. YIKES! As if I hadn't been poked and prodded enough already, I subject myself to hot wax and hair being ripped from my face. Ah, the things we do to ourselves...
While I ran around and got my tests done, and a little girl maintenance
...the pups were at home, bored stiff.




Poor babies...

3 comments:

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OHHHHHH Dear Sue!!!!
we're near to you!!!!and we send you all of our love and our thoughts.....
we cross our paw and mum and dad them fingers....all for you!!!!
Please..give us news about your exams....we're sure will be all OK!!!!!!!!!!!
We love you so much.....and pictures of your babies are sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!
lots of love and kisses

Bogart said...

Wow...sounds, painful...especially the waxing part.

Although, I hear some people find hot wax titilating...

Creative-Type Dad said...

They zap you? Ouch!
Hoping for good news on the exams.