Saturday, February 28, 2009

Warm Enough

Kona was lounging in the sun earlier today, and seemed to be soaking up the warm rays.

After a bit, it actually got so warm that it seemed (gasp) HOT! Well, OK, maybe not really hot hot, but you know, surely warm enough to go in the pool. At least the dogs thought so. The air was in the mid 80's and the pool was a semi-comfortable 72F. Sure beats the heck out of the 56F the water was a couple of weeks ago when we had all that rain, and wind.

I'd been waiting for a good chance to play with the new camera (an Olympus Stylus 1050SW) Hubby got me for Christmas, and this was the perfect opportunity. This isn't a camera to replace my beloved Nikon, but something to use in addition to it. This new little toy is water proof, and can even take video underwater. Here are a couple of my clips from today. Not bad for not actually being in the water with the pups. (Hey, I said the water was warm enough for them, not me!) Here is Kookie Kona, trying to get at the warm water coming from the solar return....

Jill brings the ball in, Jack snags it, and Kona gets kookie again.

Harley up close and personal.

After a good swim, everyone needs a healthy little snack! Here I am sharing an apple with Harley, Jack, Kona and Jill (you can't see Jill, but she is sitting in the water in front of me...just her nose is barely visible.)


8 comments:

Kelli said...

I love pics of your pups...they make me smile! I love Goldens sooo much but due to my allergies all I can have is a vitual Golden on Facebook...ha! I do take care of a friend's golden once a year, though. He's the sweetest pup in the world.

The Musketeers said...

Grat videos & pictures !
Swimming is the best when the sun is being unfriendly !

kks said...

wow, a pool for the dogs! no swimming here in wisconsin, the lakes are still frozen...:)
love your goldens!!!

Pipa said...

That reminds me.... I WANT TO GO TO THE BEACH! I WANT A SWIMMING POOL! I WANT MORE GOLDEN BROS AND SIS TO PLAY WITH ME!

*sad eyes towards my humans*

:)


Lovely post.


Pipa

Chris H said...

How neat to have an underwater camera! I would have one too... if I had a pool... *sob*

Mason Dixie said...

Makes me a bit jealous. We have 9' weather here so not even close to swimming. =(

Thor and Jack said...

Here is so hot! I wanna play in a pool with you, pals!
I can´t see your videos.
See you later!

Love,
Thor

Monika said...

Sue, I love how Kona looks so fat and fluffed up after being in the water and obviously doing a big shake afterwards to puff herself back up again!! Too cute!!