Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random things about me - tag, I'm it...

...And now you are!

I got "tagged" with this silly little survey thingy on my Facebook page. You are supposed to write 25 totally random things about yourself. And, well, my blog is called Random Ramblings, so I guess it's right up my alley...I also figured it might be fun to pass along to anyone who is interested. It does make you think a bit about yourself, that's for sure. Read mine, then make your own list and post it if you'd like. No pressure...

So, here goes. 25 Random things about me...


1. I love to paint, scenery, not walls. I’m not very good.


2. I love to take pictures even more than I love to paint. I am much better at taking pictures than I am painting them.


3. I always listen to the radio when I am on my computer. I find that if I turn the TV on, I get sucked into watching whatever is on, and then I get nothing done. Nothing.


4. I love taking my dogs places with me. It is a lot of work to take them places by myself, but it’s worth it.


5. My dogs are great company.


6. Picking up my dogs’ poop doesn’t particularly bother me. Going to dog parks and seeing that other people don’t bother to pick up after their dog does bother me. A LOT.


7. I rarely leave home without a camera of some type. I’m sure that the one time I am out and about without a camera will be the one time I run into Brad Pitt, and I won’t have proof.


8. I am an awesome dancer. In the kitchen, with my dogs, I rock. You will, however, never, ever catch me on a dance floor in public…unless I’ve consumed a LOT of rum, which is a pretty rare occurrence.


9. I hate wearing shoes. Especially “big girl” shoes. If I could live barefoot, I would. My shoes of choice are Reef Flip Flops, or Ugg Slippers.


10. I LOVE to blog. I’ve been blogging for nearly a year straight, and it makes me a little crazy to go through a day and not blog. I think I’m addicted.


11. I’ve met a lot of great people through blogging. (And a couple of strange ones!)


12. I’ve fought my weight my entire adult life. My weight usually wins.


13. I’ve found that people, in general, are much nicer to you if you are thin, or at least on the thinner side. It’s not fun, or easy being heavy.


14. I am sometimes incredibly lonely.


15. I love to read a good book, but rarely find that I have time.


16. I started the S.D. Golden Retriever Meetup Group to meet some new people that love their dogs as much as I love mine.


17. I now have 591 people in my Golden Group.


18. I’ve been on TV several times, and always hate how I look.


19. I don’t like to talk in front of a bunch of people, but I’ve heard I do a decent job.


20. I think I could be great friends with people like Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, and Jenifer Aniston without it being a big deal. (Jen, girl, you’ve got to stay away from that dirt-bag John Mayer!)


21. Crunchy Peanut Butter on toast and a glass of chocolate milk is my very favorite breakfast if I’m at home. Hence, refer to #12…


22. I have walked the 3 Day, 60 Mile Breast Cancer walk twice, and plan to do it again in 2010.


23. I’ve had acrylic nails on my fingers for nearly 20 years. I have “baby hands” without them.


24. I love entertaining at my house. I would have people over every weekend during the summer if I could, to BBQ, hang out in the pool, and chit chat. But it gets expensive…


25. I throw one heck of a rockin Halloween Party.

Now, it's your turn...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue! I just got done posting a similar blog about my mom - only she got tagged for 40 things! (I could only think of 30, though.) My mom totally agrees with on shoes - she almost always wears flip flops or sandals - the rest are too darn uncomfortable! Hi to Jack, Jill, and Kona!

Your pal,
Joey

Monika said...

I would love to meet you one day sue, you seem like a wonderful person xx