Monday, February 23, 2009

Pedal, pedal, pedal...

One of the many things we did this weekend was to go out to see the end of the Amgen Tour of California Bike Race. Hubby is quite the bike race enthusiast, and wanted to see some of his favorites out there, in person. I just wanted to see Lance Armstrong. I think he is pretty awesome, not only for his mad skills on a bike, but with all he has done for cancer research, etc. Yup, I think he's a pretty good guy...even if it didn't work out with him and Sheryl Crow, and he dumped his wife...(I didn't say I wanted to live with the guy, I just like his public persona...and his legs!)

Anywho...it was pretty cool being out there. Naturally I had my camera with me, and tried my best to get some decent shots. Let me tell you, you get one chance to get a happy snappy, and those boys FLY by! I was able to get one, semi decent picture of Lance, riding right next to the winner of the overall race, Levi Leipheimer. I was tickled pink. Yeah sure, it's a little blurry, but I can tell who they are...


Here is just a little information about the race, for those who might be interested...courtesy of their web site...

The largest cycling event in America, the 2009 Amgen Tour of California is a Tour de France-style cycling road race presented by AEG that challenges the world’s top professional cycling teams to compete along a demanding, recently expanded, 750-mile course from Sacramento to Escondido from February 14-22, 2009.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Lance IS a hottie!

Chris and Mackenzie said...

How cool is that! He's just up the road in Austin and I've never seen him ride.