Sunday, February 15, 2009

Special order

Hubby and I decided to have a low key Valentines Day for a change. We'd gone out for a fantastic dinner with my Mom and Dad Friday night, to our all-time favorite place, Morton's Steak House. I just didn't feel the need to do much else, at least as far as going out for a nice dinner and spending a bunch of money....no, not this year.


Hubby asked me what I wanted to do, and I told him I wanted to go for a drive, and take some pictures. I know, I know, it doesn't sound too exciting to most people, but it's what I wanted to do. San Diego offers so many picturesque places, that I just can't help but want to go out exploring sometimes. The weather was cool and cloudy, but the rain held off, and we had a wonderful time going on a 2 1/2 hour drive. It was so nice, relaxing and enjoyable. We started off going through Poway, Ramona, Julian, Cuyamaca, came through Lakeside, El Cajon, into the Valley, and back home. It was 112 miles round trip. Other than gas, we didn't spend a penny, but just enjoyed the views, took a few pictures, and talked. It was perfect.


Most of the pictures came out a bit darker than I liked, but I really liked this one. The sunset was gorgeous. Hubby knows how I love a beautiful sunset, and I think he special ordered this just for me.

1 comment:

Valerie Cummings said...

Wow! Thats awesome!!! We love sunsets too! And we love you! Hugs, Joey and Kealani