Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Rose Bowl Flea Market


We decided to make the drive up to Pasadena today, to check out the Rose Bowl Flea Market. Now, I've been to many a swap meet and flea market before, but this one takes the cake! It's only held once a month, on the second Sunday, and it's huge!
There are over 2,000 vendors and 20,000 people that attend each Sunday. WOW! That's a lot of people, and a LOT stuff to look through. We went with the intention of looking for stuff for our upcoming
Halloween Party. No, it's not to early for Halloween, I've been working on this party since last November, and was even starting to dream about it in April! We did manage to find a couple of "treasures" - an old iron-chandelier-type-candle-holder-thingy, and a tub full of old broken cameras. I know, I know, it might not sound like much, but you'll see, then things are said and done...it's gonna be cool.

Anyway, there are some strange things you'll find at a Flea Market...here are just a couple.


I thought this guy (the one on the right, was pretty cute, so I brought him home with me...the cowboy on the left? Not so much....and WAY too pricey.)

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I doubt there is a flea market that big anywhere in New Zealand! glad you got a couple of good buys and came home with the 'right' guy!

Valerie Cummings said...

How much for the guy on the right? Ha ha!