Monday, April 7, 2008

Halloween in April? Am I nuts? (Don't answer that!)

Nightmares flooded my brain Saturday night. Not your average "skeletons are chasing me and I'm running in slow motion" nightmares, but even more terrifying nightmares than that. I dreamt that it was the evening of my annual "Adult Only" Halloween Party, and I didn't have anything ready or decorated. That, my friends, is the kind of thing that haunts me at night!

Why, do you ask, am I worrying about Halloween in April? That's just the kind of girl I am. Slightly O.C.D., at least about certain little things here and there, like Halloween. It's just my "thing." I start planning the next Halloween party the day after I have one. Yeah, I know, that's probably not healthy. But, everyone has their own "thing" and Halloween is mine. Of course I have LOTS of other things that I care deeply about, my family, my friends, my dogs, my home, etc, but seriously, Halloween Parties rank right up there too. I love, love, LOVE throwing my annual party. Every year it's themed, and, as I mentioned, for adults only. I know kids love Halloween too, but I figure they can enjoy it by doing the "trick or treat" thing. This party is for the "Big Kids." I'm already well into the planning for this upcoming October - the theme is set, (can't tell you - it's a secret) but I'll tell you that last year was a huge success. We had nearly 80 people, everyone of them in costume. That's a requirement, not a request. No costume, no entrance, no exception. I like that rule. Let's people know what's expected of them, and they never have to worry about showing up and being the only one in costume. We give prizes away for best costumes too, and you'd be surprised how far out people will go on this stuff. Especially when they know that there won't be kids around. I'll leave that up to your imagination. Needless to say, I can't show you any of THOSE pictures! Fun, fun stuff...makes the "big" kids really feel like kids again...well, and of course the cocktails help...Here are just a few pictures of decorations from last year's Pirate themed party...you might get a sense of why I am already stressing...opps, I meant "thinking" about the decorations for this year....


Backyard "Pirate Ship"

Front yard "Dead Man's Wharf"

Entryway

A couple of munchies...




1 comment:

NicPic said...

no your not crazy...i know many people that prepare for halloween years before. They already have their ideas set for the next three years. so dont think you are crazy...your not the only one!!