Friday, July 4, 2008

Deviled Eggs are my Nemesis!


...oh sure, they look nice, and they will be yummy when we eat them later, but let me tell you, these little guys kicked my butt last night. It's not so much the "deviling" of the eggs, it's the peeling of them. I am a tough woman, I've raised three wonderful children, cared for 4 Golden Retrievers at one time, walked 60 miles in 3 days, among other things, and I'll have to admit it... those eggs were tougher than me. It took me nearly 45 minutes to peel 20 eggs. I know there are "secrets" to peeling eggs, and let me tell you, I think I've tried everyone of them. Nothing works, zippo, zilch...I had to toss a couple of them because they were so horribly mangled by the process. I LOVE throwing parties, having friends in my home, entertaining and feeding people...but these eggs...well....I'm over them.

2 comments:

Chris and Mackenzie said...

I happened upon this and thought you might want try this the next time you make hard-boiled eggs:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2008/07/02/how-to-peel-hard-boiled-eggs-without-peeling/

Chris H said...

I bet they were yummy though!