Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More random-ness and a car update

OK, so first the update on the car...the update is that there's no update. We did manage to get a website that we can use to check to see if the car has been impounded in Mexico. (Thanks Alisa!) We've checked it once yesterday, and once this morning, and it's not showing up...not that we were expecting it to, but you just never know.

We went and got a rental car yesterday. We got a 2007 Nissan Sentra...piece of crappola. I'm sure that not every Nissan Sentra is a mess, but this one certainly is. It's got over 17,000 miles on it, and you can just tell that it was driven hard. The upholstery is a stained mess, and it smells really bad inside the car. We are going to use up that gas that we put into it (Enterprise gave it to us on "empty") and take it back. I don't need an extra car THAT bad. Yuck...

I got a call a little earlier this morning, and as I looked at the caller ID I saw that it was something like "Brown and Sons Trucking Company." I answered the phone, and a lovely woman with a thick Hispanic accent asked to speak to 'Susan or Robert' - I replied "This is Susan" and she says, " We have something of yours...." My heart skipped a beat...Could it be? Did they find?? Do they have??? "We'd like to schedule a time to deliver your 'Z Gallerie' Furniture," she says....Oh, yes, the furniture...not the car....hey, what would you have thought? Anyway...the good news is that we'll finally be able to finish the redecorating of our living room. No more blow up furniture, and hodge podge stuff in there. Yay! I'm ready for that project to be finished...Thursday afternoon we should be lookin good.

Ever witness something that just makes you laugh out loud, literally? This morning, while I was attempting to drag my butt out of bed (I slept in for a change, and it felt REALLY good) Jack decided to jump on the bed and snuggle a bit. What a good boy, lays there as I'm rubbing his belly, both of us enjoying the T.L.C. ...Then my daughter comes into the room, sits down on the edge of the bed, and I'm telling her about the phone call from the trucking company, she's telling me about her plans for the day, etc. In mid-sentence she stops talking, looks at Jack and says, "Stop lickin your junk on the bed Jack." He looks up, wide-eyed and bushy tailed, and pounces on her, all 86 lbs. of him and proceeds to start licking her in the face...EWWWW! Ha ha ha! Man, that made me laugh. I needed that!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Visual picture of dog licking 'junk' then your daughter's face.. ewwwwww! Nice one Jack!

Chris and Mackenzie said...

That was no accident...too funny!