Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A View From the Top

Bear and I did it today. We made it to the top of the Torrey Pines hill. It didn't seem like a hill, it seemed like a mountain. But we did it! It was a milestone in our training process, that's for sure. We will have to come up this same way when we do our 60 mile walk in November, so the more we train on it, the easier it will get. Right? I mean, that's what I keep telling myself...seriously, it's got to get easier, right?

It felt great to make it all the way today, and I'm actually excited about doing it again. Well, kind of excited...maybe...we also passed the 100 mile mark in our training a couple of days ago. As of today, we've "officically" walked 113 miles training miles. Yahoo. Only a couple hundred more to go. Makes my feet ache just thinking about it!




5 comments:

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Woohoo!!! Way to go. Just remember tomorrow when those muscles are screaming for a massage that your efforts are SO worth it!!! Keep it goin'.

Monika said...

Hi Sue,
I loved your post on the new goldy litter. I am soooo excited just thinking about next May when we get to choose our new addition. Cute photos! Have a great week :)
ps good stuff for getting up that mountain!

Valerie Cummings said...

Looking good sista!

Chris H said...

Awesome view from the top of that there "mountain"...lol. Well done on your training efforts, keep em up!

Curt Rogers said...

This is great news. Duncan and I are rooting for you from afar! Keep up the great work and pretty soon you'll be walking circles around the rest of us!