Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday stuff

I'm feeling pretty good this morning...other than the fact that I've been meaning to write about some stuff that I haven't gotten around to, mainly because I've been too occupied with the silly car stuff...I'll change that though, I promise. (By the way, nothing new on the car, so I am guessing they are having a hard time locating exactly which impound lot in TJ it's in....whatever!) I also feel bad that I haven't had the chance lately to check in with some of my favorite blogs. I've been keeping up with them all and reading, but haven't had much chance to comment on anything. That will change too. I love getting the comments on my blog, and figure others probably appreciate comments as well.

Ok, enough said about that...Bear and I knocked out a tidy 6 mile training walk this morning. By 8:00am we had walked 6.2 miles, or 14036 steps, which translates into 722 calories burned. By 8:00am! Not a bad way to start the day, but why then, I keep asking myself, are my thighs still so chunky....

On with the rest of the day. We cruised over to our local swap meet today. In search of more stuff for the Halloween Party. We didn't find much, but we did find this.


And this...

Which will fit in perfectly with this years theme - which I'm not divulging quite yet. We also saw a guy selling these...

...which I thought was particularly strange. I've seen people selling bunnies, and birds, and an occasional kitten, but scorpions? Not exactly what I'd consider a companion pet.

Just goes to show you that it takes all kinds!

2 comments:

Curt Rogers said...

Imagine the frustration of trying to walk a scorpion! Rather than sniff the tree, it would go up it. I don't imagine it would be wise to play fetch or take it to the dog park either. And traipsing in the snow would definitely be out!

Good call on bypassing the scorpion.

Greg said...

I do understand scorpions can be tasty if prepared just right, though!

Which isn't to say I really understand the idea...but I'm told some think of them as a delicacy. Or I guess if you're trying to get non-paying tenants out of an apartment, they might be handy.