Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Let's Go Padres, Let's Go!


It was a great evening in San Diego tonight, in spite of the drizzle and chill in the air. We got a call this afternoon from some great friends with 3 extra tickets for the Padre game. These just weren't regular ol tickets either, they were for the Western Metal Suite seats, box seats that is, that came with a $150 per ticket price tag, and all of the food and drink you can handle. Complimentary tickets.

Free.

I love FREE!

Hubby, AJ, and I grabbed our jackets, and hit the road to meet up with our friends. The evening WAS AWESOME! On top of the fact that there was everything to eat from nachos, chicken strips, pasta salad, hot dogs with all the fixens', cookies, brownies, ice cream, peanuts and cracker jack, and unlimited beer, soda, and bottled water to drink....and I didn't have to make dinner, which all made for a perfect evening...the Padres actually WON the game against the dreaded Dodgers. 4 to 2 baby! Sweet! The second game of the season, and the Pads are playing 50/50 ball. We can't knock that!


If only I'd have had a pair of scissors handy...I would have loved to offer Manny Ramirez a free hair cut...dude needs a hair cut. BAD. Call me old fashioned, but the long locks on ball players need to go. In my humble opinion that is...

5 comments:

Kelli said...

How fun! I'm actually a fan of the Padres...a bit of trivia...the Padres used to be my city's minor league team, the Mobile Bay Bears, during their off season at Mobile's Hank Aaron Stadium. :) They were our team for 10 years (replaced by Arizona a couple years ago). Not sure if Nick Trezniak is still with the team, but he attended my church when he was in town.

Anonymous said...

How cool that you got to go to the game! Looks like it was a great night. Wow, Manny R's hair really is getting long!

See ya!
Joey

Mason Dixie said...

How awesome, I love baseball. and I agree bring the scissors next time. =)

Shirl said...

I'm with ya on the scissors too. Bugs me. Him and Vlad Guerrero w/ the Angels both.
But it draws attention, which leads to increased popularity, which leads to bigger bucks for endoresements. As they say, no publicity is bad publicity.

Bogart said...

I miss Petco...

But I am still a season ticket holder!!!