Monday, April 27, 2009

Honored

I was honored with two blog awards this weekend. The first one came from K & S of Dugan's Barkery. The purpose of this award is to serve as a dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through our posts. The goal is to seek the reason why we all love blogging, so as we pass this on, we ask that you share the reasons you love blogging, and how it has impacted your life.

The reasons I blog are pretty simple. I enjoy writing, taking pictures, and combining the two to share with my family and friends. I find it comforting to have a central place to pour my heart out about things, and I thoroughly enjoy the feedback I get from my readers. I suppose that's it in a nutshell.

I would like to pass this tag on to all of my blogging buddies who would like to share thier reasons for blogging.

The second award came from Chris of Diet Coke Rocks! If you've never checked out Chris's blog, stop by and take a look. She is a hoot - and totally tells it like it is. The award she passed on to me is called "The Passionate" Award. For this award you are supposed to tell about 5 things, besides your blog, that you are passionate about.


Here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Write 5 things you are passionate about apart from blogging.
3. Tag 5 people on your list and let them know you tagged them.
Pretty simple right?
OK, here goes...
I'm passionate about...
1. My family - that's an easy one, no need to explain.
2. My dogs - they actually fit into the "family" category too. I love them so much, and I couldn't imagine a household without fur on the floor and furniture, and a fresh pile of poop in the back yard. (Just tellin it like it is folks...)
3. My friends - I wouldn't say that I have a lot of friends, especially good friends, but the friends I do have are very near and dear to my heart.
4. Helping to find a cure for Breast Cancer. I've walked in two of the 3 Day, 60 Mile Susan G. Komen walks, and helped to raise over $11,000 between the 2 years I walked. I hope to walk again in 2010. (I didn't get that "Pink Ribbon" tatoo on my ankle because I don't care...)
5. Photography - one of my absolute favorite things to do is take pictures. (I bet you couldn't tell! Ha ha!) I never leave the house without a camera. You just never know who, or what you'll run into when you are out and about, and I don't want to miss a good opportunity for a picture. (And as I've mentioned many times, I just know that the day I leave the house without a camera is the day I will run into Brad Pitt in line in front of me at the 7-11 getting all of those kids of his slurppies. Oh, how I'd hate to miss that!)
There you go. Those are the things I could think of off the top of my head. And actually I'm proud of myself for not having listed one food! Because I'm passionate about 1. Chocolate, 2. Peanut Butter, 3. Fried Chicken....and the list goes on and on!
OK, I would like to pass this little ditty on to:
1. K & S at Dugan's Barkery (right back atcha Girlfriends!)
2. Val at My Boo Bear
3. April at April's Reign

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue! I enjoyed learning all those things about you - those are great awards! And the chocolate, peanut butter, and fried chicken sound great!

See ya!
Joey

Amber-Mae said...

Hey guys! Those are some pawsome awards there. Hey, I added you guys on my list!

Smoochies,
Solid Gold Dancer