Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reunion Time

Yesterday was a bit bittersweet for me...it was time to reunite Harley with her Dad. I say it was bittersweet only because I know I will miss her, as she is such great company, such a great leg warmer, arm nudger, couch companion, and goof ball. She'd been with us exactly 2 months this visit, while her Dad had spent some time in the hospital and at home recuperating.

Harley's Dad is feeling well enough to have her return to him, and that makes me happy. As much as I love Harley, and feel like she is one of my own, I know in my heart that she belongs with him. It makes me so happy to see them together, and when I do, all of my selfish feelings wash away. To see the love between them and the smiles on both of their faces warms my heart. How could you not love a scene like this?


12 comments:

donna said...

Awesome!

Scenes like this are a huge part of why I love doing therapy work with Darwin, too, and hope to raise and train service dogs someday.

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

sooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!
dogs are very very sensitive for all the most important things that happened in our life....
I'm doing the first step for pet therapy....
I would love can be with Paco & Milo an important help for suffering people!!!!!
thanks for sharing with us this sweet moment!!!!!!!
We love youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

kks said...

oh, what a sweet picture! you can see the joy and happiness in both of their faces!

Pipa said...

Gosh... these pictures made my day. Really.

Thanks so much,


Love


Pipa

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh I just love Harley! Im so happy they reunited! Merrill is such a great guy!!! Love you Merrill! Hugs Valerie Joey and Kealani

Kelli said...

That is so precious!

NCmountainwoman said...

It is indeed a lovely scene. How wonderful that you were able to help out by keeping Harley.

Louisette passion retriever, cat, memory Katanga said...

Sooo, very cute, foto
best regard from Belgium

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

So sweet!

Chris H said...

Awww, brings a tear to me eye that does.

Harry said...

What a rewarding and beautiful reunion. I'm happy you were able to be a part. Thank you for sharing with us.

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

You and the whole family are the most amazing, loving and caring people in the world. Truly, we are all so lucky to have such incredible people in our lives. The fact that you go to such lengths to help people is unmatched! Way to go, Sue and family!