Monday, April 13, 2009

My Boyfriends are Back!

I can't tell you how excited I am that the boys from the Deadliest Catch are coming back on tomorrow night! It's been a long couple of months without them, and I've been going through withdrawals. Thank goodness the Discovery Channel has been playing reruns from seasons past.

I love pretty much everything about this show, from the opening song - Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive" to the narrator (one of my very favorite celebrity boyfriends - Mike Rowe) to all of the boys on the boats. Of course I use the term "boys" very loosely here....these men are AWESOME! Each and every one of them is an extremely hard worker and busts his @ss every day on the job, working incredibly long hours, in some of the most hellacious weather conditions ever! Out in the middle of the Bering Sea, fighting rain, sleet, snow, crushing waves- you name it, these guys work through it! And all in the name of crab fishing. I know it may sound strange to be completely enthralled with a show about crab fisherman, and how many pounds of crab they pull up in each pot, but this show is much more than that. It's about real people, doing a really tough job, facing life and death situations on nearly every episode, and how all of these individuals come together to form the crews of these boats. It's fascinating I tell ya! I LOVE it!

Welcome back Sig, Phil, John, Andy, Edgar, Matt, Jake, Greg, Keith, Josh and all the rest of the crews from the Northwestern, Wizard, Cornelia Marie, Time Bandit, Maverick, Farwest Leader and Early Dawn...to name a few. I've missed you!

9 comments:

Kelli said...

I love Mike Rowe too!

kks said...

it is a fascinating show! so dangerous!

Monika said...

Oh no Sue! This is husband's favourite show but so far it has not been screening in Italy as it is all he watches and I have to leave as how much of it can you watch? (well i know you'll disagree).
Always on now is 'Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe'. I presume this is the same guy? Also one that Jason can't seem to get enough of. ps happy belated Easter!

Shirl said...

Being the favorite show in our house as well, I'm so thankful for our DVR's. This way we can see Deadliest Catch AND baseball.

And Sue... Mike Rowe is MINE!! You've got Brad. :-)
Love ya honey!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

YES!!!YES!!!YES!!! We are so excited they are FINALLY back too! I never thought I'd be watching a fishing series, but we can't get enough of it. Been watching the re-runs the past week or so leading up to the new season! This post makes me smile!!!

Allison Walton said...

Arr mommee and daddee wuv dis show, too. but we no have da cable teevee, so dey have to wait fur Netflix. dat's okay. More time to spend wif us!!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo

Valerie Cummings said...

Uh, Mike Rowe really does it for me!!! Even on Dirty Jobs. The dirtier he is ,the better! Ha! Valerie

Mason Dixie said...

That is really a great show, so dangerous and exciting. =)

Unknown said...

Cool entry! We're excited about the new season as well!

Jonathan Hilstrand is totally Juan's man crush.

<3 Jenn & Shane