Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Gate Keeper

I can't quite recall when Kona started taking over the "front door guard" position, but I'm pretty sure it was early on in his young life with us. He loves to lounge there when I am plinking on the computer, working at the table, and just about any other time nothing too exciting is going on in the household.

He alerts me to any approaching strangers, stray kitties in the yard, and basically everything going on it the world outside his perch. He is very well behaved while standing his watch at the front door, other than the occasional, "Hey Mom! I'm really bored" bark...I can walk out to our mailbox, with the door wide open, and he sits, or lays casually, as he does in these pictures, for as long as it takes for me to walk to the box, pick up the bills (does anything else ever come in the mail these days?) and talk to a neighbor or two.

He is SUCH a good boy!

7 comments:

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Love the shot of him hanging over the door sill.

Tucker and Daisy

kks said...

oh kona, what a good boy!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

"Watch Dog at Work!"
Good boy Kona!

Valerie Cummings said...

OMG Joey does the same exact thing!! Although I believe he is keeping watch to make sure the lizards dont come in! Ha ha Valerie

Claire said...

Nothing better than a well behaved dog!

Chris H said...

I ADORE your dogs... they make me miss Izzy so much.
Teddy is cute though...

Allison Walton said...

LOVE this! Gus does the same thing at our front door, but he has to sit up because our windows don't go to the ground. He's like my little sentry. :)