Monday, March 23, 2009

Norm on the Move

You may recall that last month I went on a "One Day Get-Away" with my friend Lisa. We spent roughly 20 hours on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas. It was a gorgeous ship, and we had an awesome - though short- trip. As I'd mentioned when I'd posted back on Feb. 20th that I'd brought my little "travel companion," Norm the Gnome, along with me. I'd promised to post some pictures of Norm on the cruise with us, but somehow along the way, I'd forgotten to do that. I am posting them now, because, well, call me spoiled, but tomorrow I will be going on another inaugural cruise, this time on the Carnival Splendor. This little get away will be for 2 whole days, and I am looking forward to the escape. Lisa was gracious enough to invite me again, and we'll be taking off early tomorrow morning, returning Thursday morning. Hubby will be holding down the fort in my absence, poor guy...he could use a mini vacation too! He is wonderful enough to not object to my going, and I thank him for that!!

So, here they are,without any further delay - Norm on the Mariner of the Seas. (And, yes, he'll be coming along tomorrow as well.)

Norm is a two-fisted drinker!

Kickin' back in the room.


Getting ready for the life boat drill.

Making new friends
Ah, a sip of the bubbly!

Playing a little roulette
Just horsing around!

I love dragons!

...and gargoyles!
Ready for the spa!
Shootin' some hoops with the big boys!
Norm got a hole in one...or was in one hole...
He started getting a little out of hand, so we had to put him somewhere safe. Bad Norm!




8 comments:

Travel girl said...

Oh the Chocolate Martini's yes please. We will definatly be drinking those tomorrow. I can't wait to explore with Norm. We will be meeting our Friend Kismet and she is always good for some laughs. Her and Norm will get along great.. And YES your Hubby is great for letting you go with me. Tell him He is the best.... I will bring you back in one piece...
Lisa

Chris H said...

Awww poor Norm, stuck in a friggin cabinet. You spoil sport! And he was having so much fun too.

kks said...

how funny! have a wonderful time ....you too norm!

Valerie Cummings said...

Awe! I hope Norm doesnt snore!!! Have fun friend! Hugs Val Joey and Kealani

Shirl said...

Pengie the Penguin is sitting at home sad because he can't hit the road with his buddy Norm. They had such great times in London and Paris. Ah... the memories.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time on your cruise!

See ya!
Joey

NCmountainwoman said...

Too funny. Did people look at you strangely when you brought Norm out for his photo shoots?

Bogart said...

That is the best time-out spot ever.