Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Young at Heart

I've gotta hand it to Hubby. He is mid-way through his 40's and still has the energy and spunk of a kid. This past weekend he put our trampoline back up in our yard. We've had this trampoline since Bear was about 3, so that makes it nearly 19 years! We've gotten TONS of use out of it over the years, and it's always been a magnet for the neighborhood kids. We usually take it down around Oct. (hello, gotta have room for our Halloween Party decorations out there...) and put it back up in early spring time. Well, Hubby decided that it was time to set it back up.

And then he needed to "test" it.

It worked just fine, thank you very much.

Hubby's body did not.

He did a back flip, and when he landed, he thought he'd broken a rib.

Or pulled a muscle. Really bad.

Poor Guy!

He is still sore, but getting better.

I suppose it's not easy admitting that your body isn't quite as young as your mind is.

Welcome to my world.






8 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

Those are great shots!!! Looks like maybe he didnt get enough height? I cant believe he did a back flip! Just like a teenager! ha ha! Hugs, Valerie Joey and Kealani

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

OUCH!!!! I can feel his pain from those pictures! Poor guy, but hey, he gets alot of credit from me for even trying to do a flip. Good thing he didn't hit the edge, or worse, the ground!!!

Mason Dixie said...

that did look quite painful, hope he is okay. =)

Tami said...

What a BRAVE man!

kks said...

what form! what style! i give him a 8.5....great height too!
:)

cmflussie said...

Oh looks like it hurt, good pics, love to y'all!

Shirl said...

HB says "Holy $@*!"

Curt Rogers said...

I am a terrible person, I know, but I can't stop laughing at those photos. I'm sure it hurt and I feel bad, but I actually giggled! He's a trooper for sure and deserves The Young at Heart Award!