Thursday, March 5, 2009

The "Project"

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I was working on a "hush-hush" project? Well, I am finally getting around to updating about it...

First let me tell you that it was a big hit with the "Birthday Girl." I caught her by surprise, and it was great to see how much she appreciated it.

What I did was make a scrap book about our trip last April to London and Paris. I'd had the best of intentions of making the book for her during the summer, but we all know that good intentions don't get the job done. Even when we were on the trip last year I knew I was going to make a book for her. (The "Birthday Girl" Cricket, and her Hubby "HB" traveled with us, and we had a blast of a trip.) I wanted to be sure to capture all of the details along the way, so I collected things every day when we were out and about. Train tickets, castle tickets, metro passes, you name it, I picked it up. I also wrote in a journal every night, documenting what we did that day, sights we saw, and even how far we walked. You know, things start slipping your mind after a while, and I wanted to remember everything.

All of those things came in really handy when I finally got my butt in gear, and started the book. It took me a while to go through the over 1,000 pictures I took to find the best ones, and get everything in order, but it was worth every moment. Hopefully it brings Cricket as many happy memories as it did to me. Here are just a couple of the pages from the book...








3 comments:

kks said...

wow, very nice and what a wonderful idea...she will LOVE it! have a golden wknd!

Tami said...

Nice pages Sue! I wish we didn't live on the other side of the country. We could be scrapbooking buddies!!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

You are SO thoughtful Sue! That is a gift that can be treasured forever. You are the epitomy of what a true friend is! We are all so lucky.